When it comes to world destinations, Scotland is second to none.
Here are 10 compelling reasons to feature Scotland as a “must visit” holiday destination for your clients:
- Scottish Island of Lewis and Harris in the Outer Hebrides voted 5th best island in the world by TripAdvisor in 2014.
- 5000 years of human and cultural history with many historic sites predating the pyramids and Machu Picchu.
- Scotland frequently referred to as Europe’s “last great wilderness” and a “walkers paradise”. Indeed there are still parts of the Scottish Highlands where you can walk for days on end without meeting a single soul.
- Scotland has twice been named the best place in the world to mountain bike.
- Unlike other global adventure destinations, Scotland is a safe destination with the highest standards of guiding in place across all activities.
- Scotland was selected by the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) as host destination for the Adventure Travel World Summit (ATWS) with Ireland hosting the summit this year.
- Most spectacular scenery in the UK with a wealth of undisturbed wildlife.
- World renowned food and drink with 5 star luxury accommodation to match.
- Land of castles, mountains, legends and dreams.
- Growing network of airlinks to North American, Europe, Asia and Australasia.